Last Reviewed: 16 Jan 2021
Barclay Training Services believes that if a customer wishes to make a complaint or register a concern, they should find it easy to do so. It is our policy to welcome complaints and look upon them as an opportunity to learn, adapt, improve, and provide better
services. This policy is intended to ensure that complaints are dealt with properly and that all complaints or comments are taken
seriously. The policy is not designed to apportion blame, to consider the possibility of negligence or to provide compensation.
The aim of Barclay Training Services is to ensure that its complaints procedure is properly and effectively implemented, and that
our customers feel confident that their complaints and worries are listened to and acted upon promptly and fairly.
The goals of Barclay Training Services are to ensure that:
• Customers and their representatives are aware of how to complain, and that we provide easy to use opportunities for them to
register their complaints
• A named person will be responsible for the administration of the procedure
• Every written complaint is acknowledged within two working days
• Investigations into written complaints are held within 28 days
• All complaints are responded to in writing by Barclay Training Services
• Complaints are dealt with promptly, fairly, and sensitively with due regard to the upset and worry that they can cause to both
staff and our customers
- All oral complaints, no matter how seemingly unimportant, should be taken seriously. There is nothing to be gained by staff adopting a defensive or aggressive attitude.
- Training staff who receive an oral complaint will seek to solve the problem immediately if possible.
- If staff cannot solve the problem immediately, they will offer to get the Business Owner to deal with the problem.
- All contact with the complainant will be polite, courteous, and sympathetic.
- At all times staff will remain calm and respectful.
- Barclay Training Services will not accept blame, make excuses, or blame other staff.
- Barclay Training Services will suggest a course of action to resolve the complaint. If this course of action is acceptable then Barclay Training Services will clarify the agreement with the complainant and agree a way in which the results of the complaint will be communicated to the complainant (i.e., through another meeting or by letter).
- If the suggested plan of action is not acceptable to the complainant, then Barclay Training Services should ask the complainant to put their complaint in writing to the Business Owner and give them a copy of the complaints policy.
- In both cases details of the complaints should be recorded and investigated through Barclay Training Services Corrective Action Request Procedure
- When a complaint is received in writing it should be passed on to the Business Owner who will record it in through the Corrective Actions Request Procedure and send an acknowledgment letter within two working days.
- If necessary, further details should be obtained from the complainant.
- Immediately on receipt of the complaint Barclay Training Services will launch an investigation and within 28 days will be able to provide a full explanation to the complainant, either in writing or by arranging a meeting with the individuals concerned.
- If the issues are too complex to complete the investigation within 28 days, the complainant should be informed of any delays
- The outcomes of the investigation will be recorded as per the Corrective Action Request Procedure and any shortcomings in the Barclay Training Services procedures will be identified and acted upon.
- Barclay Training Services will discuss complaints and their outcome at a formal business meeting and the establishment’s complaints procedure should be audited annually.